Question
Posted by: zesty | 2004/09/28

thanks

cs. i appreciate your approach on things. getting better is far more worthwhile than figuring out why wrong. i used to be the latter. thankfully some wisdom goes around.

Hi Zesty,
Pleased to hear you're geting your zest back, and that you've drawn a fruitful conclusion from my advice. Keep getting better and wiser --- it suits you !
yes, folks, while there's no need to work hard to AVOID understanding what's going on, too many people get trapped in a literally endless search for the WHY's almost as a way of avoiding any actual need to change in a healthier direction. Undersanding the WHY's is no mkore essential to making neded changes, than a full understanding of the internal combustion engine is needed before you can turn left while driving your car.

3
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/09/28

I agree- the thought of me having to find the cause of my problems was daunting. I know it dates back to abuse but the thought of having to discover the intricasies of why I have started cutting didn't help much. Now that CS has made me realise that it's not needed, provided I can learn to overcome the cutting now, I feel much better about my prospect of getting over this.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Zesty | 2004/09/28

It's true Shaun. I'm the same. Although - there is beauty in detail. Just not in the sense being stuck. But it's a relief to know you can skip it if you want.

Reply to Zesty
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/09/28

Hi there,

I've realise you're right here, but I'm still somehow stuck with the why's. Trying to just let it be & move on is difficult for some-one like me who feels attention to detail is so important. Think it becomes a habitual way of thinking that we forget, or don't know how to think another way. Kinda like thinking only within the box.

Thanx,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun