Question
Posted by: ciska | 2003/12/04

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it that you replied so soon to my questions. You've been a really big help. I just want to mention to you that my friend's dress size is a 8 and she is 23 years old.

Hi Ciska

It is a pleasure - I hope that you are able to be supportive of your friend. Like I said, it's a difficult problem, because without her consent, you are pretty powerless to help, and so prepare yourself for feeling quite helpless. I do still think that an expert is important - there are special clinics to assist you with this, and they should be involved if possible. As for the dress size, it does show she is not overweight, but it depends on her height as well, so it only tells a limited amount.

Good luck with this difficult situation