Question
Posted by: Tee | 2004/10/13

THANK YOU CS, KAY & ART

RE: SHOULD I INTERFERE

I phoned Childline yesterday and they assured me that this will be looked into.
I knew I had to do something, I just needed somebody to say 'DO IT'.
Thank you all for giving me the push that I needed.

Thanks for letting us know, Tee, and congratulations on taking this important step. So many tragedies arise with such abused children, because everyone who knows about it waits for someone else to report it and start the right authorities acting on it. And if the family dares to criticiz them, just tell them that they ought, each and every one of them, to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for aiding and abetting in the abuse of an innocent child. It's a pity that such people, unlike in other criminal cases, usually do not get prosecuted for assisting in such abuse.

7
Posted by: Art | 2004/10/13

Tee,
Well done, as A indicated I would love to take an idiot like that only one will come back and it will not be him, i have had the experience of being close to a abused person and I paid a big price for trying to undo a lot of the dammage done, sadly failed , no matter how hard I tried, the abuse and time it was keapt secret had taken its toll so no girl you make sure even if you go to the papers you need help send the a sos here

Reply to Art
Posted by: Inc | 2004/10/13

Good for you Tee.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Tee | 2004/10/13

Hi A,
Hard to believe hey that people like this exist. My side of the family are wonderfull, I never saw or heard anything like this when I was growing up. I do keep my distance, see them when I have too, which is not very often.
My son is never left alone with them, he has never seen this sort of thing before. The family from my side are more than enough for us, he is a much loved little boy!!
I have had many arguements with them, from even before he was born, it is even in my will that should anything happen to me that they are under no circumstances allowed to move into my house and they are to have no say whatsoever in the upbringing of my child.
Will keep you informed about the outcome!

Reply to Tee
Posted by: A | 2004/10/13

I feel so sorry for the family having to put up with this on a daily basis, they sound horrendous - how can "grandparents" be this way? Never could imagine my grandparents doing this!!

Just do what you have to do and keep your distance - you and your immediate family do not need to be around hurtful and deceitful ogres like this.

Do your self a favour and dont let your son be brought up in a messed up hell whole of a family like that - you and your husband and maybe your side of the family are enough for him -
Good luck and let us know the outcome or the beginning!

A

Reply to A
Posted by: Tee | 2004/10/13

Kay, thanks, I know I have done the right thing, and I also know that the family are going to be down on me like a ton of bricks. I do have a funny queasy feeling in my tummy, but something will come out of this, I know.

A, if my 4 year old son had not been around I would have laid into him myself. As it was my son saw and heard too much. Unfortunately they are his grandparents too. They are the most despicable people I have ever met in my life. What disgusts me even more is the fact that the mother and grandmother allow this to happen.

Reply to Tee
Posted by: A | 2004/10/13

I didnt get to read your post until now - and I am absolutely horrified - I would not have thought twice about reporting him - I would have actually laid into him myself (and I am female).

You did the right thing by reporting this - God knows what goes on behind closed doors in this loony bin - what the hell kind of people are they to do this?

I hope that BOTH of them get whats coming to them.

A

Reply to A
Posted by: Kay | 2004/10/13

WELL DONE!

And remember - if they come up with nothing at least you KNOW that something has been done to look into it. Dont let the rest of the family make you feel you have done something wrong.

And if they do find something - then at least you know that you have helped that little girl - and that will make everything worthwhile.

Reply to Kay