Question
Posted by: Lou | 2003/03/05

THANK YOU

Dear Doc

Lou here, thank you for your letter and comments, I have taken your advice, as I feel that anger management is the way to go. I have an appointment to a therapist on Thursday.
I just wanted to thank you for giving me some good advice.
I also wanted to mention that I wrote a letter to my parents to explain how I felt, which was far better than having to speak to them - which usually ends up in an argument. This took alot of courage on my part, but it did help, things are a bit better already as they have approached me and we have sort of discussed a few problems.
Thanks again
Lou

Dear Lou,
Congratulations on the really significant progress you have already made ; and I'm sure you should be able to do really well in therapy.
Writing the letter to your parents can have been an excellent idea --- I thought you'd hav the courage to take a step like that. And writing is often a god idea to get across the whole of one's point of view when talking tends to get interrupted --- and, as you are finding, it can then help one to move on to discussing specific parts of the problems, with the other party(ies) knowing your views more fully, and the discussions hence more productive. Well done.