Question
Posted by: Curious | 2007/12/20

Tests

Good day CyberDoc

I would just like to know whether it is possible to go for a blood test where a person can be tested for any possible problems. What I mean, is whether there is a blood test to determine or detect any possible diseases or abnormalities in the body including all the major organs, cancer and HIV.

Can you please advise.

Dear Curious
There is not a screening test to test in general for cancer or abnormalities. One has to go for an examination, and if the doctor finds something abnormal or you have a family history of possible risk factors, he may ask for specific tests to screen that particular area of the body.
Dr BEts