Question
Posted by: Wilco | 2011/03/01

Testosterone supliments

I am a 42 year old male. I put myself on a 3-month program ended in the middle of Febr to get back to my goal weight and muscle definition. I''m working out for the past 10 years - with the normal fluctuations.
I''ve decided on a new goal, building some more muscle - specially upper body - my weak point. A consultant at a nutrition shop advices me to use some testosterone supplements, however, a personal trainer at the gym didn''t recommend it, saying a natural diet can achieve the same results.
What supplements would you recommend and would you recommend the use of testosterone supplements and if so, which brand?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Wilco,

I would not recommend taking testosterone supplements and agree with your trainer, that a well planned diet can help you to achieve your body composition goals. Supplements can be used if you cannot meet your nutritional requirements though your diet, however they are not recommended to replace a healthy diet that compliments your training program.

1
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2011/03/04

Hi Wilco,

Reply to Sports Nutrition