Question
Posted by: micks | 2003/12/23

testing preggies

Do i have to wait for a missed period to know if im pregnant. can't wait excited.

thanx micks

Yes, you have to wait and see whether you miss a period.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2003/12/23

Maggie is right. But it is so hard to wait. You could have a blood test a couple of days before your period. You can go directly to a lab at the hospitals. It costs about R80 and if you do it privately (not on medical aid or through a doctor) you will have the reults within 30 minutes.

Phone a lab and ask them when you can test for sure.

Best of luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Maggie | 2003/12/23

It is best to wait because if you do it to early it will be negative. Some test you can do a few days before.
I know how you feel I could not wait either and the test was negative and then I did one 5 days later and it postive, I was over the moon and ended up doing 2 more test just to make sure.
All the best

Reply to Maggie