Question
Posted by: Colin | 2012/07/13

Testicles

I was born with an excuse for a testicle, my children are adopted. My sex drive is normal, will there be any problems health wise after 65 years old?

Colin, I am not sure what you mean for ‘an excuse for a testicle’ but will assume that you mean a small, or poorly developed testicle. It is possible that for some medical reason, your testicles did not produce fertile spermatozoa and therefore you were unable to conceive. One reason could be that of an undescended testicle, which is when during the development of the male genitalia in the human embryo, the testicles do not find their way into their destination – the scrotal sac. An undescended testicle has a greater chance of developing testicular carcinoma. This however, is not typically a condition of later age and is unlikely to be a problem for you.
If your libido is fine, it means you are producing sufficient testosterone, though as one ages it is natural for this to decrease in most men, resulting in a diminished libido. From what you have said, there is no specific problem that you should anticipate, but if your genital anatomy is vastly different to the norm, or has changed in any way you are best advised to seek a urological opinion.
Anthony – SASHA. For further information please consult SASHA’S website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/07/13

Reply to sexologist