Question
Posted by: mike | 2005/12/09

Testical

Hi doc. I'm had question yesterday about pain in my left testical. You talked about kidney stones. How could i have gotten it? is it dangerous? Can it be treated quickly and easily?

Thanx.

Dear Mike,
Kidney stones form when you don't drink enough water and the calcium in your urine crystallizes into something that looks like small grains of sand in your urine tubes - It feels like the rock of Gibraltar if your body is trying pass it. It is not dangerous and is usually treated by antispasmodic tablets and LOTS of water to rinse it out! Sometimes one needs to go into hospital to have it broken up by laser or even removed by surgery, but only if the stones get very big.