Question
Posted by: MICKEY | 2003/03/11

TEST TUBES

I'M VERY CONCERNED, MY GYANAE SAID I MUST GO FOR TEST TUBES TO SEE IF THEY ARE NOT BLOCKED, HOW DO THEY PERFORM THIS? OPERATION OR WHAT? I'M VERY NERVOUS.

THANX

There are two ways of checking the tubes. The one involves injecting dye through the cervix into the uterus and then taking an X-ray to see whether the dye comes through the tubes. this is only slightly more uncomfortable than a pap smear. The second way is by having a small operation called a laparoscopy, where a telescope is put into the abdomen and the tubes can be looked at directly.