Question
Posted by: Lunda | 2003/12/17

TEST TUBE BABY

Doc 8-1- words wont be enough for my question. Pls forgive me. Doc what I want is a test tube baby. I went under opeation last December for blocked tubes. After 2 months of operation, I did HSG which showed tubes were still blocked. My Doctors options are either go for another operation or test tube baby. I need a test tube baby please. We have no such facilitites here in Zambia. Doc I really need your help. please respond. The costs, the best clinic in Johanseburg. I want this to be done immediately.

The costs of IVF would be in the region of R10 000 to R15 000 per cycle. The fertility clinics that Nix has mentioned will be able to do this.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2003/12/17

Otherwise known as IVF. The med-fem clinic in Sandton and the Linskfield clinic do IVF precedures. It is very costly though and your medical aid doesn't pay. Maybe if you come to SA. you can see a doc and find out what other options there are.

Perhaps you could try assisted insemination before IVF. A fertility clinic would be able to help you. Do a seach on the net for fertility clinic + south afirca and hopefully you can get some good advice and info.

good luck!

Reply to Nix