Question
Posted by: Despondent | 2007/05/10

Test results

Thank you for your previous reply;

The test performed on day 22 revealed the follwing;

1. basal Insulin 10 normal
2. Progesterone 54 normal

3.follicular 2.5
4.ovulation pha 13.0
5.luteal phase 49
6.post menopa 1.2
7.fasting Glucose 5.0

Comment : consistent with ovulation

With the results above what are you recommendations; It's been 6months since the laporoscopy and 3 years TTC.

My gynae prescribed a 100mg fertimod to improve conception and started on day 3 of my cycle (5th May) , what are the possibilities with my result. Should I be referred to a fertility specialist in the meantime.

Kind Regards
TTC

Dear Despondent

The results certainly are consistent with ovulation having taken place and hence there is a need to proceed to laboratory diagnosis for the fertilisation failure. Perhaps a repeat sperm analysis or spermiogram needs to be done, and should this be reasonable, I would suggest In vitro fertilisation to evaluate embryo quality.

2
Posted by: Despondent | 2007/05/11

Hi Me

Thank you for you advise, it was kind of you to respond. You mentioned profasi, what does it do.

Reply to Despondent
Posted by: Me | 2007/05/10

I really hope that your doc will do a cycle sonar as 100mg is very high and there is a very big chance in concieving twins or even more babies... Usualy it is adviced to start with 25mg and increase it per month. I would give it 3 months on the Fertomid and if nothing happend then go and see a specialist. But I don't want to get your hopes up but I conceived on a 100mg of Fertomid but my doctor injected me with Profasi as well on day 13 of my cycle. Good luck!

Reply to Me