Question
Posted by: Lana | 2007/02/27

Test results

Dear Fertility Expert

Just re-posting question as your reply corresponded to another post. Kindly respond to this one please

I am 41 years old- had 4 failed IVF (blocked tubes) cycles and am scheduled for another in a month's time.

In the meantime, my hormone levels were monitored during my last 2 cycles. For the past 5 cycles, I had a 32-33 day cycle, with my last (were on meds) cycle being 28 days.

My last was done on D3 and this cycle on D2 (because D3 was on a Sunday).

Will the values change much if done on D2 or D3?

Last cycle (D3): This cycle (D2): range:(Pathcare)
FSH: 9.2 7.1 4-9
LH 2.9 2.4 2-11
Estradiol 214 132 90-400

Does this indicate an improved hormonal balance, considering that i had just had a 28 day cycle and a D21 prog of 49.8.

Do you think that my body will respond to an IVF treatment protocol this time?

Thanks in advance

Dear Lana

The difference between day 2 and day3 should not be significant in terms of infertility treatment or in respect to the status of the ovarian reserves. Furthermore one needs to consider that even though the specimens may be handled by the same labs, there will also be inter specimen variation and also since the hormones are cyclic produced there is also variation depending on what time of day the blood assays have been taken.
Hence a small fluctuation should not be of undue concern. In general it appears that FSH level is slighty ELEVATED but would still bode well for ivf in terms of ovarian response. All other levels are within normal range and therefore the impression is that your chances of producing good quality oocytes should be reasonibly good. owever there may be other factors interfering with implantion which may needs to be addressed and may be the main reason why the ivf cycles have not succeeded.