Question
Posted by: annie | 2004/11/09

test?

hello,

i would like to have my thyroid checked. would my gp be able to organise this for me? how long does it take before i get the results of the test?

thanks for your time

Dear Annie
Yes, your gp will send you to have a blood sample taken and then the laboratory will test your thyroid function. The time required to get the results, depends on many factors. If you stay in a city and the pathology lab is readily available, you should have the results quite rapidly (3-5 days). If you stay in a smaller centre and the sample has to be sent away, this would of course take longer.