Question
Posted by: Unhappy | 2004/10/25

Terribly overwight by 38KG's

Dear Doc.

I am a 30 year old female. After my second son in 200 my thyroid became overactive to a degree that i went to about 52kg's. The doc. tried thyroxine which did not work and they then decided to decided to remove the thyroid by using a radio active treatment. I now do not have a thyroid and i am epileptic. i want to go to my goal weigt of 56kg's. and i am even contemplating taking thinz. a friend of mine got to her goal weight in less than 3 months with this thinz and she was weighing about the same.

i dont want to take thinz if it is harmful to me.

Please help.

Dear Unhappy
Because of your epilepsy and the lack of thyroid hormone, you MUST discuss the use of Thinz with your treating dr because this slimming pill contains pseudo-epinephrine which can have a negative effect on many body systems, including the nervous system. Do NOT take this product without consulting your dr first so that he/she can check if the pseudo-epinephrine will interfere with thyroid function and your anti-epileptic medication.
In your case, I think a better option is to reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Also ask the dr what type of exercise you may do.
Take care