Question
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/12

Terrible Wrist Pain running to fingers

Goodday Doc

I have this really abnormal, but terrible pain in my wrists. Yes both of my wrists. Sometimes it goes into my fingers and right up my arm. And it feels like the pain is in the bone not the flesh.
I have been experiencing this pain for almost 8 months, it could be more. I've ignored this pain because i thought it was normal. But it occurs too often now.
I went to see my docter and she took blood test. They tested for Gout (Spelling??) and "Rimatiek Koors" (don't know the english) because this is common in the family history. The tests came back negative.
She prescribed some medicine to me and i've used it for 5 days, this was suppose to help. But i'm back to square 1.
I don't want to go back to the doctor, i mean she said there is nothing wrong.
I can't live with this pain anymore. It's a very DEEP pain.
This pain is worst in cold weather.
What do you think doc?
My one friend said he also gets this pain and his doctor said he needs to take more calcium.
I don't use vitamins very often and if i do i use Centrum. I eat very healthy and i'm on a excellent weight for my height.

Tori, it sounds like it might be due to carpal tunnel syndrome where pressure on the nerve is caused where it move under the thick membrane that covers the wrist. The best would be to see an orthopaedic surgeon and have it sorted out. Good luck.