Question
Posted by: girlie | 2002/12/04

terrible pain under my left breast

Doc,
I have this terrible sharp pain under my left breast and am only 27 years old, and my arm will also be sore from the shoulder downwards. Another thing whem I'm lying on my left arm I can feel my heart beating hard. Is it my heart or what and what can I take to relieve this its terrible, and is there any connection between it and the fact that I burp a lot and its embarassing and I fart a very very bad smelling thing. Please help.

Girlie, it’s difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first. Because of your age, it’s highly unlikely that it is your heart, but I can’t say for sure from this side of the screen. It might also be that you have a hernia and that this is being worsened by the flatulence, but it’s a far shot. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out.
If you’re interested in a copy of something I wrote on the non-cardiac causes of chest pain a while ago, mail me at netdoc@wmeb.co.za and I’ll pass it on. Good luck.

1
Posted by: girlie | 2002/12/11

Thank you may be I should check hernia because I did go for an ECG and Xray of the chest and heart and they were both negative
Thank you again

Reply to girlie