Question
Posted by: Mikey | 2007/12/15

Terrible Fever - vomitting, high temps

Me again Doc. (The guy who thought he had tickbite fever but didn't and was then told it was "bacterial Blood Infection"). I'm really struggling. 2nd course of antibiotics hasn't worked. Hit a bad low this morning - temp above 40, vomitting, unable to stand, walk, delirious. Went back to doc who I think panicked when he saw me and quickly palmed me off to another doctor at McCords Hospital. This guy looked at my blood test and agreed that something is very wrong. Speculating Typhiod and a few others - I think they don't have a clue. Have been prescribed a third antibiotic - Cefasyn 500. Was also given a massive anitbiotic jab in the bum, more blood tests - results only next week Tuesday. Don't know if you can make anything from this: on my blood test, 3 areas are flagged - MCV - high 96.3; Leucocyte count - high 12.2; Neutrophils - high 10.5. Comments are ' Red Cells show occasional macrocyts' and 'Neutrophilia with a left shift'.
Please help! Getting really desperate and miserable. Many thanks.

Dear Mikey

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Your blood results show signs of an acute bacterial infection. Unfortunately, I am not able to be of much help, as I am unable to examine you. Therefore, I suggest that you stay where you are, until you have received all the results of the tests.

Kind regards