Question
Posted by: Susan | 2007/12/03

Termination of Pregnancy

Is there such a thing as a chcemical termination of pregnancy? How soon do you need to do it? or how soon can you do it? How does it work and do you have to go to a clinic to get it done?
thanks
Sue

Hallo Susan
A chemical termination is just a term used when you take a drug to end the pregnancy instead of doing an evacuation of the uterus. Misoprostol is one of the drugs used in conjunction with mifepristone and should only be used in pregnancies of 8 weeks and less. The range of efficacy is 65%–93% . Failed misoprostol abortions are associated with birth defects in some cases. You will have more cramping and bleeding than with a surgical abortion. You will have to go to a doctor or clinic to get a prescription for the medication and for follow up.

2
Posted by: joo | 2009/03/21

I have missed my period, it was due a week ago. I believe I am pregnant. If I am what are my opions of stopping the pregnancy?

Reply to joo
Posted by: Becky | 2009/01/05

Need to recieve your daily tips from health 24

Reply to Becky