Question
Posted by: Sheila | 2007/05/16

Termination of pregnancy

Gyne please help.

I have a friend who is two weeks pregnant and wants to do a TOP as her child is only 9months old.I do not condone that but am scared for her.What procedure does they normaly go through(i mean for someone who is 2weeks pregnant)what does normaly happens when they terminate the pregnancy.Wish i cud convince her but by the look of things she has already made up her mind.Please help as maybe once i know what procedure takes place i will explain to here and maybe that will change her mind.

Please somebody,anybody help me out on this one.

Thanking u in advance

The procedure would usually involve a simple womb scrape.

8
Posted by: Mimie | 2007/05/17

I think is not a good idea 2 terminte the pregnancy because yes there are those circumstances of which they are not worthy childlife. If she dont want a baby she can give for adoption because there are lot of people who would like to adopt like myself i have tried so many times to concieve but no luck. Now i am thinking of adoption as i have so much love to give. Your friend is very blessed to fall pregnent again. She must accept her blessing with both hands. God bless!

Reply to Mimie
Posted by: Sheila | 2007/05/17

I am against it as well but like i said,she has already made up her mind and clearly y'all throwing stones at me u are not helping at all.I personaly would not do it thinking of how i struggled to fall preggies with my lovely son who is 2yrs old now,on the other hand,i am not one to judge as i will be taking God's task.i thought someone will tell me how frightening and scary to do a TOP but guess no one has so far tried to help.

Lala,

Thanks for being honest,i know that to do a TOP is not by choice but certain circumstances forces one to do it.A child is indeed a responsibility but at the same time a gift from GOD.

Thanks,

Reply to Sheila
Posted by: cuddles | 2007/05/16

i understand what you are saying, but, there is such a thing as contraceptives you know. i was on it and i can tell you one thing, there is nothing wrong with it, it works, now i'm off it and trying to have a baby, that is why i am so disgusted with people who want to have pregnancies terminated, because as far as i'm concerned, there is no excuse to fall pregnant unless u want to.

i'm not here to judge anybody, but just think about everything that everybody has told you and thank God that you have fallen pregnant, Sheila

Reply to cuddles
Posted by: i'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!! | 2007/05/16

i hope you can read afrikaans, if you could read the question posted by "moeg" you'll see that there are many people that would love to have a little baby, but are really battling to have one. tell me, is it really your friend that want's to have her pregnancy terminated or is it you? don't want to be rude, i'm just asking.

Reply to i'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: .......... | 2007/05/16

Its not always the case that one does not want the baby. before saying anything its better understanding her circumstances and her reasons. Its painful to hear how badly others want while others cannot have them due to circumstances.

Rather pray for those who are terminating and pray for yourself to have and let the Lord do the judging.

Remember I'm praying for you all.

Reply to ..........
Posted by: JAMMER OM TE HOOR | 2007/05/16

Ja hel !

EK bid al meer as 7 maande dat ek lan swanger raak en my 1 vriendin sukkel al 2 jaar, hoekom kan mense wat die voor reg het om swanger te raak nie die verantwoorlikheid dra as hulle dit kry nie ? my ander vriendin het net laas week 'n baba aangeneem, hulle het meer as 5 jar vir hom gewag,

die meisie moet mooi dink, daar is regtig baie mense wat graag kinders wil hê en vir hulle alles kan gee wat hulle nodig het.

as jy die plesier wil hê, dan moet jy die verantwoordelikheid kan vat wat daarmee saam gaan, nie net die feit dat jy dalk kan swanger raak nie maar ok dat jy dalk vigs of std's kan kry

MEISIE JY IS BE VOOR REG OM TE KAN SWANGER RAAK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to JAMMER OM TE HOOR
Posted by: cuddles | 2007/05/16

hi

talk your friend out of it please, there are so many people in this country that are dying to have a baby, now she want's to terminate it???? sorry, but to me that is very selfish..... why did she go and lay on her back and open her legs in the first place???? if u wanna have sex, you must be able to live with a baby, or give it up for adoption and give the poor little thing a life... afterall, that baby did not ask to be made. and that, only for a few minutes of pleasure?

i'll tell u again.... IT'S DISGUSTING AND U CAN TELL YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to cuddles
Posted by: Lala M | 2007/05/16

hey,

i have just terminated on saturday. the procedure is not a stress-full thing to worry about. they'll give you counceling then after you go to the doctors room for sonar to check how old is your preganacy, the doc will give you a pill according to you pregnancy then you go to the recovery room where you will lie in a bed, much more confortable. then when its time you will be called to the procedure room where they clean the womb. all you need to do is relax its not painfull its like your natural period pains but they will be a bit painful so they will give you pills to make the pain beta. once the procedure is done you won't even know or feel that they done.

that is all i can tell you about TOP procedure.

after u will be expected to lie in your bed for about half an hour after that no one will even spot that you have just terminated.

its like going to the doctor for your tooth to be removed.

tell your friend its worth going for TOP as the baby is still young an babies have a lot of responsibilities. that is all i can say. im not saying TOP is good but for some reasons its GUD,

Lala M

Reply to Lala M