Question
Posted by: Gypsy | 2004/02/05

Terminate or not?

I have done a home test and it has come out positive, but I am not sure if I am ready. Getting married next Feb,and always wanted to be married before I fall pregnant.But if I don't know what my chances of falling pregnant again after termination?I am confused! Please help!

Termination will not affect your chances of falling pregnant in the future, unless there are complications.
CyberShrink may be able to help you with your decision.

6
Posted by: Caitlyn | 2004/02/06

I also fell pregnant at 17. Kept my baby boy who is now 6 and the sweetest thing ever, can't imagine life without him. His dad and I decided to get married straight away and are now 7 years on. Be grateful for your baby, children are a priviledge, not a right, don't waste your chance. We decided 2 years ago to try for another baby and this time round was not so easy, after 2 years coming off the injection, I still wasn't getting my periods, I eventually fell pregnant but then miscarried at 6 weeks, now I am pregnant again, only 5 weeks but am so grateful to God for it. Don't do something you will regret later, if you and your fiance love each other and can give a stable home then there really is no reason to terminate, and next time round may not be so easy!

Reply to Caitlyn
Posted by: T.M. | 2004/02/05

Are u crazy or something???? So many people are trying hard to get pregnant and have children of their own but they cannot. Count your blessings Girl!!!! You have two already; one is you are getting married soon, and secondly you are having your own baby, so go for it, it's good for you and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Reply to T.M.
Posted by: Noddy | 2004/02/05

I agree to a certain extent with what all the ladies above have said. U made the decision 2 sleep with ur partner b4 marriage and with all that comes responsibility. I agree also that u should not make this decison based on how u imagined ur life would go or if u'll fall pregnant again. U r in a loving relationship so u need 2 discuss this with ur fiance - it's his baby as well. Probably u need time 2 get used to the idea and talking with someone who shares this with u will help. Termination should be the last resort but it's ur choice and u should be aware also of the responsibilities that come with that. It's not gonna be over after u leave the clinic, u'll have 2 deal with it for most, if not for the rest of ur life even when u have other children, it's a cross u'll have 2 bare.

I dont want 2 sound unfeeling but I think that sentiment aside, children are a huge responsibility and u need to be prepared for that 2. Speak 2 ur fiance ASAP, u need all the support he can give u, whicheva decision the pair of u make.

Good luck and I hope God guides u in the right path.

Reply to Noddy
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/05

I agree with Kippie, life doesn't always go the way we want it to, and you have to take responsibility for your own actions, is it really what you want, to take your baby's life, cause you are not ready, like Kippie said you took the chance of sleeping with your partner before marriage.
Give yourself time to accept the fact that you are going to be a mom and why not get married this Feb, then you would be a married-mom.
You will be so proud to see your little angel on the monitor, it's the best feeling in the world.....

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Belle | 2004/02/05

Since you are getting married in feb I assume you are in a loving relationship. That is all this baby needs. You dont have to be married. And are we ever realy ready to have kids. I know that I wasn't and was scared but we do it and so can you.

Reply to Belle
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/05

Hi Gypsy
First of all Congratulations!!!
I do not want to preach BUT, you made the choice to sleep with your fiance before you got married and with this choice there is always the possibility to fall pregnant-
I also fell pregnant before i was married- at a very young age, and had to deal with my choice there and then. To this day, not once, have i regret my decision to keep my beautiful baby girl-now 14!
Do not take the decision based on "will I be able to fall pregnant again" but make the decision based on this pregnancy alone- this baby has the right thereto!!!!!!!!
Do not terminate something if you had deliberately taken the decision to have intercourse.
Sorry if I sound harsh - but really, this is the most beautifull gift someone can give you and the pleasure of a baby is enormous!

Reply to Kippie