Question
Posted by: MYSELF | 2006/07/20

TERATOZOOSPERMIA

What does the term teratozoospermia mean and can the person with this be able to have children? What causes it and how can it be treated?

Dear Myself

Teratozoospermia implies an abnormally large percntage of abnormal sperm . However, this does not mean that a person with a such a problem cannot conceive or father a child.
It all depends on the percentage of abnormal forms that are present and if this could be made availble to me I would more than happy to offer you further advice.

In general, a morhology of less than 15% is regarded an abnormal and percentage normal sperm below 8% would indicate a need for assited reproduction such as IVF or ICSI if the percenatge normal forms are below 3%.