Question
Posted by: Freddy | 2002/12/21

Tension (I think)

Hello Doc

I would like to ask you something.I suffer from headaches with neck pains and aches behind my eyes and in the sinus regions.Sometimes I even wake up with these headaches.
I use Betapain and sinucon which only helps for a while.
Could you please advise me on the condition and suitable medication that I can purchase over the counter.

Freddy, it might be a tension headache, sinusitis or one of the other common headaches like cluster headaches. I wrote something a while ago about the most common types of headaches and if you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. You can read it and see if you can make the diagnosis by yourself. If you can’t, you will have to see your doctor. Good luck.