Posted by: Jojo | 2012/01/31

Tennis Elbow

Hi Doc, can you advise where my husband can go to get some help with debilitating tennis elbow pain. He''s tried anti inflammatory pills, but not really helping. I belive he needs to do some kind of exercise, but don''t know where to start getting advise!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Jojo,
Firstly I would advise that he sees his local osteopath. Secondly I would advise specific exercise. So rest forearm on thigh with wrist and hand over the edge. With wrist straight push down gently with opposite hand for 7 seconds, rest 7 seconds and repeat 7 times. There should be no pain during this exercise. Increase resistance as the days go by.
Most importantly avoid any aggravating factors such as over gripping and seek medical attention.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.