Posted by: Liz | 2010/04/11

Tennis Elbow

I dont know if I''m in the right section. I was diagnosed with tennis elbow 3 weeks ago first time eve I have had such a problem. My doctor prescribed anti inflamotary''s but they havent helped. I cant even life an empty cup. My doctor did mention if the pain persists I must have a cortisone injection, I really dont know if I want to go that route, please help me what else can be wrong or what should I do !

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Liz,
What ever you do don't have a cortisone injection. Consult your nearest osteopath for the best management of tennis elbow. Avoid overgripping when holding and carrying items. In the meantime apply digital pressure along the forearm tendons 2-10 cm below the site of pain. Do not rub the site of pain.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Liz | 2010/04/12

Thank you so much for the advice !

Regards Liz

Reply to Liz

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.