Question
Posted by: George | 2006/04/12

Tennis Elbow

I have tennis elbow. My GP prescibed cortisol tablets. I am a bit nervous to taked these. Are they the same as a cortisone injection? I understood a cortisone shot was the remedy of last resort as it has harmful long-term effects. Is that correct?

Hi George,
Yes you cannot inject more than 3 times with cortisone as you can damage the tendon permanently. cortisone tablets are also anti-inflammatory. Physiotherapy helps as well as wearing a special brace that gives the tendon time to heal. It can also be operated on if needed and nothing else helps.

2
Posted by: MM | 2006/04/13

Try to make your grip a little bit bigger - it helped for me as well as for others. Good luck

Reply to MM
Posted by: me | 2006/04/12

itmakes you fat

Reply to me