Question
Posted by: Ed | 2005/07/26

Tendonitis(tennis elbow)

I have had cortisone injection helped for 1 week, had acupuncture
worked well orthopaedic surgeon says I must have op.Looking for
alternative to op.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Ed
Surgery is usually not an option because this is inflammation of the muscles attached to the elbow.
Rest is usually the first treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs, heat therapy, cortisone etc. A brace immobilising your hand will also help so that you don't overuse the elbow and hand. I suggest you find out what type of operation he wants to do and ask him precisely what this entails and why it is necessary- unless he thinks this is something else- mayby primarily a neck problem with a pinched nerve etc.