Question
Posted by: fracture | 2007/03/14

tendon swelling in thumb area

Injured my hand three weeks ago, Was told had a hair line fracture on second metacarpol, but still got swelling around thumb area. How long does swelling normally take? If persists going to a specialist with out a doubt.

Thanks.

Dear Fracture
Swelling can stay long depending on what and how bad it was injured. To have a cracked metacarpal you probably had severe bruising too. The only thing I am worried about is maybe secondary infection in the hand - let your GP just follow up and refer you if needed?

1
Posted by: fracture | 2007/03/15

Thanks for getting back to me. Sure hope it's not a secondary infection. Will attend to it if persists.

Reply to fracture