Question
Posted by: MattsMom | 2010/03/09

Tendon Injury

Doc

My GP diagnosed me with " Suprasinator Tendon Injury and calcification"  in my left upper arm/shoulder but also told me that there wasn''t much one could do besides going for physio.
Please advise if this is true and what actually causes the condition - I''m only 32 years old.
It''s very painful and uncomfortable and I''m unable to even sleep on my left side.
What pain medication can one take - simple painkillers like Panado doesn''t work.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

That is certainly not true- if you have a condition called "calcific tendinitis " it can be treated. if you look at my website : www.shoulderinstitute.co.za you can look at the condition under that name and you will see all the treatment options

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/03/10

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum