Question
Posted by: Etienne | 2008/07/22

Tendinitis in rotator cuff region

What advice can you give me? I have a client that has tendinitis in the rotator cuff region and its causing nerve impingement. What exercises and movements must I avoid and what treadment is available? Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Etienne,
It is important to have your client evaluated, properly diagnosed and treated by an osteopath asap

For details of osteopaths in your area visit www.osteogoodhealth.com and go to contact page.

If it is a rotator cuff tendinopathy avoid all biceps exercises, upper body pressing and rotational exercises.

Concentrate on stretches for the pectorals, biceps and neck muscles. Always use good posture during exercise to ensure best functional shoulder position.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath