Question
Posted by: willem | 2007/05/24

Tender feet

i run marathons and after my latest i devoloped pain or rather tenderness on the part just behind my toes. its especially sore in line with my middle toe.i changed my running shoes but it is still very tender after running, and subside after a day or two but does not dissapear totally. any advise?

Expert ImageArchive

Willem there are a few conditions that spring to mind namely inflammation of the foot toe joints (synovitis or capsulitis) tendinitis or a trapped nerve between the metatarsal heads called a Morton`s neuroma. There is also a condition called a fractured metatarsal plate which is a disruption of the fat pad beneath the metatarsal heads..

Please see a podiatrist asap,, find one by calling 0861 100 249