Question
Posted by: tempted | 2004/01/15

temptation in public bathrooms

After visiting a few Joburg male public bathrooms, I (20) noticed peepholes between cubicles. I was shocked at first and someone even stuck their penis through such a hole before and I just walked out. The problem these days is that I constantly visit male bathrooms to experience this again and believe me-there is no shortage thereof. I had numerous peepshows and mutual masturbation sessions in such situations. My question is “Am I losing my values” as this is something I’d never imagine myself doing? Is this a normal practice and is it criminal? I tried to stop it before but the temptation to see what’s lurking on the other side always gets the better of me…

Tempted,
Firstly, ignore the hate-filled messages of the truly hopeless and prejudiced. Let them stew in their own juices.
Meanwhile, though, it sounds as if you might be gay ( which is normal though often inconvenient ), and you might like with a gay-friendly counsellor, to think through your interests and plans for life.
What you specifically describe is probably illegal, though one hopes the police have better things to do with regard to far more damaging crimes, than to waste their time pursuing such small things. But it isn't healthy, exposing you to STD and HIV, and to meeting people like 666 and his pals, who can turn to severe violence and can seek out such places and people in a pathetic attempt to prove what they imagine might be their manliness.
Are you losing your values ? Apparently so, from what you say, though it depends on what your values are.
If you have led a rather celibate and frustrated life up to now, you may becoming unhelpfully and unhealthily obsessed with this venue and this way of making sexual contact with others, and this is not a good idea. Also, this form of anonymous sex is not only accompanied by physical health dangers, but it divorces sexual contact from affection, let alone love, and may make it harder, rather than easier, for you to form satisfying long-term genuine relationships with other people.

10
Posted by: Zeena | 2004/01/16

Okay, so who's the joker on this website? It's obvious that I made no typo. The word C-O-C-K-T-A-I-L has been changed on purpose, and the symbol must have some rude meaning. Sorry, all.

Reply to Zeena
Posted by: Zeena | 2004/01/16

Sorry, that was a computer devil. The funny word shoudl read " -|- tail parties".

Reply to Zeena
Posted by: Zeena | 2004/01/16

Ugly messages won't help. "Tempted" is obviously gay, but so what? That is not the point.

Dear "Tempted", what most of us boringly normal people cannot understand, is the the sordidness which sometimes creep into the gay life. Why the heck meet "contacts" in this way? In a time of AIDS?

And my questions are not just because of your message. I've read "gay essays" on literature websites, and what amazes me is never the "being gay". It's the obsession with sex and the sordidness of the way some gays get their kicks. Jeez ... stay out of toilets and rather go to art exhibitions, -|- tail parties or the beach. But keep penises peeking out of holes in toilet doors out of it ... And I will not make any apologies for saying that. Many of us, gay people included, find this way of getting your viagra effect off-putting to say the least.

Reply to Zeena
Posted by: Rusty | 2004/01/16

Brownsuga well written i take my hat of to you! If only there was more people like you in this world we could actualy live in harmony ......

Reply to Rusty
Posted by: Brownsuga | 2004/01/16

To the sadistic, inhumane replies posted by "Gay" and "666" please don't make statements like that and hide behind Christianity. You guys need to grow up and stop being so shallow minded. If you must show your ignorance, then leave heaven and hell out of it. Have you never heard that prejudice is elegal and that people are free to be what they are. As far as I'm concerned you are the people that will burn in hell for your hate filled hearts. So to the satanic "666" you're the one Satans comming to get, he's gonna take you back home.

Reply to Brownsuga
Posted by: Trompie | 2004/01/15

Ek weet hoe jy voel ek is ook Gay soos jy ek doen dit ook en dan geniet ek my self. Soms wens ek dat daardie ou aan die anderkant by my kan in kom. Ek woon in Johannesburg waar kan ek jou kontak. Sal Vrydag in die stasie se toilet wees. tweede laaste deur daar is 'n mooi gat. Ek wag vir jou.

Reply to Trompie
Posted by: GAY | 2004/01/15

JY IS GAY EK WIL NET VIR JOU SÊ TURN OR BURN

Reply to GAY
Posted by: 666 | 2004/01/15

Satin is caming for you
Mans soos jy moet toegesluit word en jou kos moet met kon wyer in gery word. Jy staan beken as ‘n kyker. Dit is net so goed ek gaan sit in die dame toilet en hou hulle dop.
Jy is Gay gaan soek hulp voor dit te laat is sies man jy maak my skaam ek is ook 20 en op Teginkon in Durban

Reply to 666
Posted by: Nobull | 2004/01/15

Yes, you are losing your values.
What do you think this will progess to?
Revolting!

Reply to Nobull
Posted by: Keegan | 2004/01/15

Here at our Tecknicon in durban we also have "peepholes" and more than your eye can get throught there. guys meet there all the time. even on the beachfront. Thi is not something new. I enjoy going there but a person must be a bit careful. not always clean.

Reply to Keegan