Posted by: Una | 2008/08/29

Temporal blindness

This morning I woke up and opened my eyes and I couldn' t see out of my left eye. The right eyes was fine, but the left eye was just.. black. I jumped out of bed and blinked furiously . Needless to say I was terrified. About a minute later I started to see and my vision was almost completely back with just a bit of blur. Now my eyesight is restored, thankfully, but I am still curious as to why this happened? I want to know what types of things can lead to this so I can avoid them...

Dear Una

Thank you for visiting

I think that it was a once off occurence and that you should not be concerned about it. You can have a CT scan of your brain done, to see if there is any cause for concern. Please note that you could probably merely have slept with your hand/arm underneath your eye and that the pressure caused the temporal blindness.

Kind regards

Posted by: Chris | 2008/09/01

Blood clotting, can also cause this temporary blindness. It happened to a family member. The clot stops the blood flow to the eye, if not properly managed, it can cause permanent damage to the eye. Ask your GP to test for clots

Reply to Chris