Question
Posted by: Perturbed | 2004/12/23

Temperature above normal

My husband who is 57 has for the past few months felt warmer than body temperature to the touch. If I am near him I can feel the warmth coming from his body, and even if he rests his arm on me at night, it feels so hot, that it becomes uncomfortable in a matter of seconds. He doesnt complain of feeling hot, but sometimes his face is quite red. He had a full medical in May when they found his blood pressure to be slightly up, but when he had it checked again after a couple of days it was normal again. He is quite a heavy drinker.

Perturbed, the best would be to take his temperature and see whether he has a fever or not. It might also be due to an accelerated metabolism like in the case of an over active thyroid or due to the high blood pressure. The best would be for him to see his GP and make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.