Question
Posted by: craZy | 2007/05/24

Telling Parents

Hi guys

Quick update: I was scared to tell my parents about me... and my bf... then we broke up and I didn't..

So this weekend I visited them and told my mom: She just looked at me and said: Now, was this so bad? Did you think I didn't know? Do you think I would love you any less?

So, perfect ending...

PS And then we chatted about the bf... we made up again... and broke up again... i lost track about the status of this relationship!

Cheers!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again craZy and thanks for posting. Your relationship with your bf sounds a bit confusing but CONGRATS on coming out to your mom - aren't moms the greatest? Well done :)

4
Posted by: Duey | 2007/05/25

Hi there, showed my bf your msg and I think it was really relevant in some way to him. He connected insome way I think, thanks for what you had said!

Reply to Duey
Posted by: bigpalm | 2007/05/25

You know - it is so wierd - you have all these visions and angst and dreams that it is going to be so terrible to come out to those that love you. Trust me, they and including friends generally do know cos they have seen and been with you as you have grown up. They may not want to admit it but at the end of the day, the relationship between them and you that develops after freeing yourself of the burden of all that terror is like the most beautiful spring day. There will be the odd friend that "cannot deal with it" but they will not be friends for life. Remember, blood is thicker than water and it will take a huge amount for a parent to stop loving a child - that is their creation. Make sure that when telling them that your love for them is paramount and they WILL respond in the same way. As an aside, My gran sent me a birthday card just after I came out and I had moved to CT chasing a relationship which did not work saying that there were many other male fish in the sea and I should not worry - and she was 80!!
Well done craZy - a great step

Reply to bigpalm
Posted by: craZy | 2007/05/25

Like they say: Parents are the first to know and last to find out.

i dreaded telling my mom (why i don't know) but I sort of feel free now

so go for it

Reply to craZy
Posted by: whatwhat24 | 2007/05/25

thanks for posting this CraZy, gives me encouragement to tell my family...although i'm sure they already know.

have a good one
whatwhat24

Reply to whatwhat24