Question
Posted by: Mau | 2007/08/02

Tell me if i'm wrong

I was 3 mnths pregnant miscarried two days ago and i had to be on my own meaning he couldn't take me to hospital as he was very busy at work, went through the pain the loss finally discharged had to still call a taxi home of which the next day was going of check-up the same story of taxi when i questioned him it's being under lot of pressure at work he is sorry he won't be able to forgive himself for what he did. I was in pain bleeding with cramps but to drop me off at hospital wasn't gonna be of much of a problem, we've been married for 12 yrs with lots pf difficulties of course but i hanged in there thinking that things will change instead it gets worse but he keep saying i love u it's all about my work nothing else but what i don't uderstand is the fact that can't he feel the same pain as i am, sorry doesn't seem to be good enough as i am hurt with great loss but again it looks like it's my own loss not his but he doesn't say in so many words.

Good grief, does ANY company / work expect ANY man EVER to stick to his work and NOT accompany his wife to the hospital for a miscarriage ? That sort of thing ought to be unconstitutional. And whether or not any company expects it, what sort of man expects that of himself ? What is all that work FOR ? Except to support the wife and family and find some mutual happiness, rather than more work ? That guy needs counselling. Can't you persuade him to prove that love he keeps claiming to have, by joining you in some mariage counselling, and not allowing the work excuse to interfere with that ?

3
Posted by: Sparticus | 2007/08/03

Your man should be strung up by his balls. Thats no way to treat a lady and after 12 years?!. He's bad news. Assuming that was an absolute moron 12 years ago he should have been aware of the basics in life at this stage. Workers have more rights than ever before. And he questioned the taxi driver? He belongs in hell.
My advice to you is not to let him of the hook. The next episode could be fatal and the fool would still be working...

Reply to Sparticus
Posted by: New | 2007/08/03

Its sad and painfull. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there before. When you are in so much pain, not only physically, you need all the surport you can get. Especially from the 'father".
What he did is cruel! No boss would refuese someone to accompany his wife to hospital having a misscariage.

Please consider asking him about going to counseling with you.

Good luck and all the best

Reply to New
Posted by: Maria | 2007/08/02

At 3 months the baby might not have been very real to him yet, but I think you can expect your husband to support you when you are ill and hospitalised for any reason. Perhaps you should go for some counselling together?

Reply to Maria