Question
Posted by: new dad | 2007/11/27

Teething

My baby is almost 1 year old (one more week) and she was born 2 months prem. She's teething at the moment with the 5th and 6th coming out at the same time. She has for the last few night been very restless, tossing and turning from about 11, she goes to bed between 7h30 and 8. When we pick her up she kicks and screems and pushes you away. The fight goes on for about 20 mins, only her botlle calms her down but not immediately. Could it be the teeth or is there something else wrong ? When she's awake she seems fine. Can she have nightmares already ?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear new dad
Yes, it can be teething, or ears or nightmares, however the latter does not seem to be the problem. I would suggest you have your doctor check her out, since she will have to examine her to determine what the problem is.

regards
Welma

3
Posted by: Twi mum | 2007/12/04

have you considered that it could be her ears.

the only time my daughter fights like that is when her ears are sore (teething related)

take her to a gp and let them have a look

then if it persists - take her to a ENT

Dont ignore it and trust me it will happen every time a new tooth comes out

good luck

Reply to Twi mum
Posted by: Kym | 2007/12/03

Yes she could be having nightmares. I know my son had nightmares from the hospital stay for ages afterwards. At the age of 9 he still have certain memories about his stay. So dont let anyone tell you that you are imagining things.

Reply to Kym
Posted by: MOLLY | 2007/11/28

NO DONT BE SILLY

Reply to MOLLY