Question
Posted by: grinder | 2004/03/12

teeth grinding

I am a 27 year old female and my husband woke me up last night to tell me to stop grinding my teeth. This has also happened in the past but I thought it had stopped. I know it is usually a sign of stress but at the moment I dont feel stressed at all. Could there be any other reason?

Grinder, it sounds like you’re suffering from bruxism (teeth grinding) and it might be due to stress, neurological problems, or it might just be a bad habit. There are other reasons too, but you would have known if you had those problems and you wouldn't be able to type and use the internet in most of those cases. The bruxism may cause jaw muscle spasm and even partial dislocation of the jaw. The best would be to go for a good physical examination and if nothing it found wrong, to ask your dentist to make you a bite plate to stop you from damaging your teeth while you’re sleeping. Good luck.