Question
Posted by: Mrs J | 2007/05/23

Teenage son

My husband and I recently separated and he moved out of our home.
I sometimes go out with friends and my teenage son has a fit when I do so, to the extent that he hurled abuse and a brick at my male friends car when he dropped me off.
I don’t know how to deal with this since I already feel guilty because I am going out.
How do I make him understand that he need to spend time with people my own age?

YOu are separated and you both have every right to go out with others, and your son needs to understand this --- mayb there should have been, and should now be, a discussion with him, in which both of you take part. YOu should not feel guilty for behaving normally.
Pity that "???" is so bitter and twisted, isn't it ?

4
Posted by: J | 2007/05/23

Hi Mrs J

Yes this would be understandable whenever there is a family disruption (like separating and husband moving out) teens lash out because they don't like the change in their immediate family environment that they grew up feeling secure in. Boys always want to "protect" their moms as well, perhaps you can sit with him and explain all of this, keep the communication open with him as he is not really a child as such anymore and let him know that you also need time to yourself and you do it by spending time with your friends.

Reply to J
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/23

mmm, I think you have a bit of a temper problem Mrs J

How did you expect your son to react? He is probably scared as hell, doesn't know what to think or feel and assumed that this guy has broken his parents up.

Even if you are innocent you still need to consider how your children might perceive things. You are not divorced YET and now your son sees a man who is not his father with you? What would YOU think if you were in the situation - say your neighbour's husband moved out and all of a sudden some man drops her off or visits?

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Mrs J | 2007/05/23

Oh ??? F* off!
I was out with mixed friends and just so happened to get a lift with a male friend. It was not my intention to "jol" as you put it, but then the world is full of narrow-minded a*holes like yourself.

For your info, my husband is the one messing around and I thought it better he leaves! So why don’t you go find someone else to "bash"!

Reply to Mrs J
Posted by: ??? | 2007/05/23

wat did you expect you just said your x moved out out RECENTLy and your already going out with "guy-friends"

do expect him to invite them in, sit on thier laps and call them "DADDY"

your are most probably divirced or seprated whatever... because you were jolling in the first place.........

whore!

Reply to ???