Posted by: Rina | 2008/08/08

Teenage Daugther

My daugther has recently turned 15, she has always been a bit chubby but recently it seems like she keeps on picking up weight. We eat healthy 90% of the time, vegggies, fruit, yoghurt, low fat milk, oats &  chicken. She also participates in hockey twice a week &  exercise on a daily basis. I' ve recently noticed that her hair is thinning out. Could you possibly show me in the right direction?

Thank you for visiting

Firstly, you will have to exclude any pathological reason for her weight gain and hairloss. Therefore, she should consult a GP, to have blood tests done, especially focusing on diabetes, as well as thyroid disfunction. If all is clear, she will have to follow a strict diet and participate in rigorous cardio-vascular exercise.

Kind regards

Posted by: anonymous | 2008/08/09

i' ve had the same problem, i was eating very healthy food and exercise etc.. when i asked i was told that it is the " teenage age" , and after two years, fortunatly i was told by a good doctor to check the thyroid and it was not normal, i was prescribed iodine and it solved the problem. so please do not just leave and go to the doctor and have her thyroid test as it may have complications.

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: murtle | 2008/08/08

I think you should go and have her thyroid checked.

Reply to murtle