Question
Posted by: Nikky | 2005/11/22

Teen sex

I have a niece (14 yrs) who lives with me, my late brothers child. He was shot 12 years ago, her mother abondened her. She asks boys for sex, close friends of my children aged 19 and 21which is very embarassing, I have tried to talk to her about it but she does not seem to care or respond well to the conversations. Her Mother had a very bad reputation can this be inherited or does she just want the attention and how do I deal with it. I do not think she is having sex but might be wrong. She is a hyper active child and takes ritalin daily, can this increase her sexual desire?

She obviously needs to see a counsellor, preferably a child psychiatrist or child psychologist, asap. Such bad behaviour dosn't seem to be inherited in the usual way, though bad mothering and maybe earyl exposure to sexual behaviour, may influence it. And of course even if she isn't so far, actually having sex, one day she is likely to meet someone who will accept the invitation. I wonder if the ritalin might possibly be playing a role --- but yes, a thorough assessment by a child psychiatrist would be adviseable

2
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/23

take her for the injection!
or else you wikll have to raise another child

Reply to ...
Posted by: Lalie | 2005/11/22

I have a step daughter living with us and my niece (who doesnt live with us) both the same age (9), BOTH ON RITALIN and both pre-occupied with sex.

Strange?????

Reply to Lalie