Question
Posted by: JJ | 2004/03/07

teen problems

hi im a 17 year old non sexually active girl and my problem is that my vagina is burning and itching. It doesnt burn when i urinate but when it is rubbed (with toilet paper or something) it does. i am on a course of anti biotics this is a short course but i have been on and off with taking anti biotics for different things for quite a while could this be thrush? what can i do this is becoming irratating and its been consistent for a week and a half? i dont want to ask my mother to take me to the gynae as i fear this might be misunderstood. is ther anything i can do?

It could well be thrush. You could try Canesten cream.

2
Posted by: Theressa | 2004/03/08

The antibiotics is the cause of the itch and burning.

Reply to Theressa
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/08

Some medicine can be the cause of infection, make sure to eat a lot of yoghurt when using antibiotics. Maybe go and see your doc again and tell him about your problem, it could be that you are alergic to the medicine he gave you.

Reply to Norma