Posted by: Baby B | 2009/09/01

Teen miscarriage

Good day
I just need some advice please, I have my neice aged 18 living with me , she had a miscarriage in february this year, just short after that she fell pregnant again, got beaten up by her uncles and aunt, came to live with me in June this yr, and i was under the impression that she`s still pregnant, cos i never till date saw any sign of monthly periods, when confronting her the other day, she told me that she is no longer pregnant due to the beating she got from her uncle, She told me when coming to stay with me in June she bled for like two weeks none stop, In July only two days, and now August only two days again,
Last night she was very feverish, and suffered from back pains, i tried to give her pain killers and she would`nt take it, told me that she cant take tablets , b.cos water will come out from underneath, until she has done the womb scrub, and this was adviced to her by the local clinic in our area, is there such a thing.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Baby B
Please take her to a gynecologist or doctor for a proper gynecological examination. If a woman has had a miscarriage and some of the placenta is left in the uterus, this can cause infection and they can become very very ill, even die from it. Most doctors will do a D&K operation after a miscarriage, where they dilate the servix and scrape out all dead tissue from the womb.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.