Question
Posted by: Concerned Mum | 2004/11/18

Teen in possession of Porn Material

Hi; please help
What should i do???I found my 11 year old has porn material in his possession.He does not know that i have found it & i have not yet said anything.Should i talk 2 him about sex or just let him discover the issue on his own?

If you found a gun in his room, what would you have done? If you leave him to discover sex by himself, he stands a good chance of also discovering HIV. Time to satrt talking mom

7
Posted by: Mum | 2004/11/19

Yes i won't be angry.I have already bought a book from CNA. They had quiet a few books 2 choose from.I will give him the book tonight & tell him that if he has any questions then he must ask.I have left the porn material where i found it, should i leave it there or hide it from him???Should i ask him from where/who he got it from???

Reply to Mum
Posted by: FF | 2004/11/19

Well, I watched my first porn movie (soft) probably when I was around 12 y/old, and the first real hardcore movei at around 12 (I was in standard six at the time, and a friend smuggled it out of his brother's cupboard). So, my point is, 11 isn't really that young for a boy to be interested in sex.

I also recommend the sex ed book for now, and take it from there. Whatever you do, don't make it seem to him like you are angry about what you discovered or anything like that.

Good Luck.

Reply to FF
Posted by: Concerned Mum | 2004/11/19

Thanks Feline, i think getting him a book is a good idea.Let him read it & if he has any questions then i will gladly answer them.
You recommend CNA,I will go there today.About investigating, im possitive that a friend or friends of his must have given him the porn material.These days they so freely available.

Reply to Concerned Mum
Posted by: Feline | 2004/11/19

This is nothing more than curiosity - however, it raises real concern as to where he is getting the material from.

I had a similar situation, and went to CNA, there are some lovely teen sex books, which explain the whole deal openly and in basic language that kids will relate to. Get him one. But I do think you need to investigate where he has got the porn material from.

Probably from a mate at school - its not unusual.

You need to be honest and open with him about sex. Its such a dangerous world out there, that I think if kids have all the facts they can make informed and intelligent decisions.

Trust me 11yrs old is not too young.

Good luck!

Reply to Feline
Posted by: wow | 2004/11/18

I suggest a discreet call to one of the teachers that you can trust, explain the problem, and your suspected source and leave it in their hands for now

Reply to wow
Posted by: Concerned Mum | 2004/11/18

I suspect that it could be friends at school.As you some kids know 2 much.What should i do?

Reply to Concerned Mum
Posted by: Wow | 2004/11/18

I know that if Adults have child porn in their possession thay can be in deep water, surely the adult (or teen ager) that gave it to him is just as gulity. Could it be an older friend, or even an older sibling?????

Reply to Wow