Question
Posted by: Mum | 2004/11/18

Teen in possession of porn material

Hi Expert
What should i do, i found my 11 year old has porn material in his possession.He does not know that i have found it & i have not yet said anything.Should i talk 2 him about sex or just let him discover the issue on his own?Please help!!!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

he is young to have it in his posession, but he is clearly becoming curious about sex. It would be helpful to buy him a book about the facts, and there are a number of these available. It would also be a good idea to let him know that he can talk to you (and or his dad) if he has any questions.

It is important that he feels ok about being curious, and if you provide him with the facts then this will help him now and in the future when he becomes sexually active and importantly to stay safe.

7
Posted by: bigboy | 2005/01/29

I'm 17 and to all themothers out there it is normal for teenage boys to either have porn material or even internet porn, because they are inquisetive, but iyou should still speak to them about sex and things around sex. don't worry!!!!

Reply to bigboy
Posted by: Bender | 2004/11/19

Damn, at 11 I was still playing lego!!!! Didn't even know about porn or sex!! But you both right, kids and sex these days is getting out of hand, and kids do know to much.
Wiith all the risks out there today, and with it been clear that kids are more and more interested in the topic, I think it very good of you to be considering "the talk" with him. I just hope that he's old enough to understand the dangers! A book would be a great idea, I don't think we can be too careful these days!

Reply to Bender
Posted by: SWEETCAKES | 2004/11/19

YOU RIGHT, YOU RIGHT!

Reply to SWEETCAKES
Posted by: Mum | 2004/11/19

Sweetcakes, i think a talk on sex together with a book for him to read is sufficient.Definately it's friends that influence him.These days some kids now to much for their age.

Reply to Mum
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/11/19

could be a friend influencing him or it could not be... maybe you should buy him a book and explain, i think that would be the best thing to do!
good luck!

Reply to sweetcakes
Posted by: Mum | 2004/11/18

Do you think that his friends could be influencing?I suspect that the friends could have given him the porn material.Should i buy him a book about sex & if he has any questions then i could explain 2 him?

Reply to Mum
Posted by: sweetcakes | 2004/11/18

considering he's an eleven year old is very young to be in possesion of porn, but if you think about it, kids are different now-a-days, i think you should sit him down and have a talk with him and let him know that he is too young...

Reply to sweetcakes