Question
Posted by: belle | 2004/01/12

teen cheating on another

i write for my schools newspaper and i am writing an article on teens cheating on another, i need information about it like why they cheat, rates, how many do year, who does more guys or girls and so on. i would really apppreicate it. thanks

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Belle

It is difficult 2 give you stats but what I can tell you is that it is quite a comon phenomenon 2 cheat on your boy/girlfriend when youre dating in school. Why? Because they don't c it as a serious longterm relationship mostly, they think and no that they can get away with it, and funny enough & very ironic it makes them quite popular. To some extend girls and guys like the naughty "opposite sex" - it makes it more exciting.

Gender wise, research has been done and shows that guys and girls cheat equally on each other but guys will brag about it and girl whould feel a bit more guilty and perhaps just disclose 2 a few good friends, where a guy will tell nearly everyone.

Hope this helps
T

1
Posted by: brownsuga | 2004/01/14

i definitely hear more about guys cheatin on their girlfriends, than the other way around. reasons could be....... boredom in the relationship, guys also like to see what they can get away with, trying to see if they can score with a chick hotter than their current gf, drunkeness has also been a "excuse". also when the girlfriend doesnt wanna satisfy the guy in a certain sexual manner, he will get the staisfaction elsewhere

i know girls who tolerate their bf's cheatin on them literally tens of times because they "love" them despite their friends' advice to ditch the guy, when we tell her "how could he really love you when he so readily jeopardises the relationship for a quick fling with a girl he hardly knows?" when the guy sees that the girl "lets" them cheat, they just keep on doin it again and again. the girl will also stay with the guy cos of status, eg he has a car, money and buys her stuff you know? girls can be really stupid and materialistic

when i cheated on my last bf, it was mostly for revenge for him having cheated on me in the past

my current bf cheated on his ex, with the motto "what she doesn't know won't hurt her" but in the end it hurts both partners, since he lost a girlf, and she lost his trust forver......
cos a smart girl will know- "once a cheater, always a cheater"
i've already told him... "u cheat on me, and it's over forever"

but i think most every1 does resent cheatin on some1 they care about, as they always end up hurtin the other person

Reply to brownsuga