Posted by: Amanda | 2011/04/28

Teachers smoking in staff room and not a seperate place at public school

I contacted the Anti-Smoking Board with my complaint. I immediate got feedback on my e-mail but after 4 months no action was taken because they are too busy to attend to GENERAL complaints. Where else can I ask for help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Hi Amanda - you do not say whether you are a staff member or a pupil? Staff- you are protected by legislation and can demand immediate redress of the situation from the Head. If not complied with, report them to the Dept pf Labour and Health. If a pupil you are also protected from second hand smoke inhalation and follow the same route. Do NOT be submissive, the law is on your side. Stand up for your right and ensure that your health is not effected by the smokers. They are setting a great example!

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.