Question
Posted by: Allen | 2007/07/22

Tea Vs Coffee

I saw a program on BBC Prime the other night asnd they were saying how bad coffee is 4 You.

How does tea in general compare?

Dear Allen
I am surprised to hear that the BBC aired a programme slating coffee as research published last year indicated that the moderate use of coffee is no longer regarded as harmful, and may even have certain protective effects in conditions such as diabetes. The recommendation was that healthy individuals could have up to 4 cups of coffee a day without any harm. Tea is regarded as rich in so-called antioxidants that protect against degenerative diseases like heart disease and certain types of cancer, but it also contains caffeine. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and do a Search with 'Caffeine' to find the articles I have written on this subject, namely "Caffeine - Good or Bad for You?" and "Caffeine - Use in Slimming & Athletic Performance". The secret is to drink both coffee and tea in moderation.