Question
Posted by: stressed | 2003/12/26

tea reccomended for anaemics

i usually drink five roses tea, but this depletes my iron levels. seeing that i love tea, can you give me substitutes to drink. Please can you also give me substitutes for coffee. If it is caffeine free, does that mean that it is safe to drink if i am aneimic. Is rooibos a good alternative?
hoping to hear from you soon
thanx!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Stressed

Sorry for the late response but I was on holiday for a break. If you are anemic it is the best idea to go onto iron tablets or the syrup. Keep your protiene levels high and eat lots of meat. Decaffinated products are not that healthy because of the chemical process. The best is tea - green mint tea - great for the system all those berry teas and then rooibos is always a good option.

Don't stress to much. I am anemic myself and it is always a mission but take your medication if you feel tired and keep to well balanced diet.

T