Question
Posted by: Anne | 2004/10/13

TB Scar

We suspect our domestic worker may have TB. She is apparently waiting for tests to find out, however, I am worried about our risk of infection. She comes twice a week, normally gets there after we leave for work, and we see her only minimally in the evening when we get home, so we don't really interact a lot with her.
I have a son who is 15 months, and he had his BCG at birth. What is the likelihood of either my husband, my son or I becoming infected if she did have TB?

Anne, the chances are remote if you have been immunized. The best would be to go for a PPD test – it will tell you whether you are immune and if you have TB. Good luck.